Saturday, July 24, 2010

A little late, way too early

I was trying to get all of my things together this morning for a meeting. Demo DVDs, package lists, contract, business cards, etc.

All the while I was kicking myself for not doing it last night. Running late, I raced out the door, drove to the designated coffee shop, pulled into the parking lot @ 9:01 a.m. for a 9 o'clock meeting.

Sweating, I look around the coffee shop for the prospective client. Didn't see her. I think, "Whew, she's running late." I grab a drink, sit down, get out all of my materials, boot up the laptop and wait... and wait... and wait.

9:15 a.m. - I wonder if she's forgotten about our appointment. It happens, I understand.

9:20 a.m. - I finish looking through my email to see if she sent a cancellation notice.

9:30 a.m. - Frustrated, I go back to the original emails where we set the date. Whoops.

As it turns out, all of that rushing around was for nothing. I was a little late to a meeting I was a week too early for. Oh well, at least I'm already prepared for next Saturday.