Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A big exhale...

When I finish editing a wedding video and send off the DVDs to the couple I get a nervous feeling inside. It's obviously a figure of speech, but I do hold my breath until I get a reply. I typically don't solicit testimonials, but I do want to know if my couples are satisfied (hopefully they're ecstatic!).

The longer I have to wait for their response, the more nervous I get. Did they like it? Are they mad and don't want to confront me? Sometimes I'll send them an email about two weeks afterward to see if the package arrived. That usually prompts a quick response that they've watched the video and they love it.

Whew! What a relief.

I mailed off Alice and Joshua's DVDs not too long ago and they were fast to send me thanks. I thank them for that and for allowing me to provide their video service.

Bob, We received the videos and are very pleased with them. Thank you very much for the work that you put into them and for your patience. You're very talented at what you do and Alice and I are happy that you video taped our wedding. We will keep you in mind for any future events that we or our friends may have. Thank you again for a job well done.
~Joshua Beazley~