Sunday, May 17, 2009

Calendar's getting full

I understand the hierarchy of wedding planning.
Book the church, reception venue, photographer, caterer, florist, limo, etc... all before deciding if there's enough money in the budget for video.
I'm not going to get into how I think your priorities should be weighted. My point with this post is timing. Typically I get a call six months before the date.
Sometimes that's plenty of lead time to book Shared Moments Video. Other times I receive three calls for the same date and there's a rush to see who will get their contract returned first (first come first served).
There's really no set time for booking other than "the earlier the better."
I was at a wedding recently when the mother of the bride called and booked the Tuesday before the big day. I've booked weddings over a year in advance.
As far as this season is going, apparently the economy is picking up because more couples are interested. The Fall is booking faster than this Spring did. Summer is surprisingly busy.
I still have openings, though, and would love to work with you. Give me a call and I'll send you demo.
If you've received the demo and want to book but are on the fence about which package to choose, go ahead and book something and we can always modify it later. Don't miss out because you waited too long.
In life, timing is everything.