Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pulling my hair out

After spending two hours of a perfectly good Saturday (actually it snowed 10 inches at my house, but that doesn't make for a good story) making changes to my website I've had to spend another two hours this morning fixing those changes.

Why?

Because Windows' Internet Explorer continues to be a thorn in my side. I build my web pages on my Mac. So easy, so simple. Mozilla's Firefox browser has no problem reading the pages I build. The Mac fonts show up nicely.

Too bad I can't say the same thing for IE. Too bad so many people continue to use IE. It's a terrible browser. It offers no security. It can't read Mac fonts. It's junk. Seriously, if you're reading this from IE, make the switch to Firefox. It's free and only take a few seconds. You'll thank me for it.

Internet Explorer costs me time. Time I could be spending with my children. Time I could be spending shoveling my driveway.

If you notice anything weird about www.SharedMomentsVideo.com first try hitting the refresh button once or twice. For some reason the pages are not loading properly.

If that doesn't work, please send me an email ( info@sharedmomentsvideo.com ) and let me know what you're seeing. Tell me what page you're on and what browser you're using. I have been troubleshooting for hours now and I'm sure there are things I have missed.

I have spent too much time and effort building and rebuilding my site for some stupid bug to cause me to lose business.

Thanks in advance.